Am I in the right place?

Public general chat
Shayleighi
GA Member

Am I in the right place?

Postby Shayleighi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Got redirected over here from the old website. Has everyone migrated to here and should I app myself here or is this temp? =o
Leaok
GA Officer

Re: Am I in the right place?

Postby Leaok » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:00 pm

We do have a few old FU members here. Not sure who or why there is a forward from FU to here now.
Permafrost
GA Leader

Postby Permafrost » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm

It happened yesterday apparently and I wasn't told about it beforehand. I don't know what the story is actually.
The Martin Luther King Jr. of Guild Wars.
"I've got no females in my family. But I got some cute uncles and shit." - Dave, 3/29/2011
"Mythian, let's make sex pottery together." - Garibold, 9/5/2014
Garibold
GA Officer

Postby Garibold » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Are we now going to be known as GAFU?

Hai Shay! How's Gridania treating you?
"McJunior has basically built our entire farmland." - Mythian
damelon
GA Member

Postby damelon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 am

Mythran stopped paying for hosting for the old FU site since basically no one posted on it. (Only the shoutbox was being used, and even that rarely) Also, he basically retired completely since he's getting married again and doesn't game at all. After a couple of weeks, I think he just set the DNS to re-point here for simplicity sake. He did have a point though, we really didn't use those boards anymore.
Shayleighi
GA Member

Postby Shayleighi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 am

That makes sense, I'm a shoutbox farmer myself =p

I got rid of everything in FFXIV and moved into cryptocurrency, I have my own ASIC farm running :D

Just waiting for Archeage, haven't seen any other game recently that seems to be worth the time to build an economic empire out of it. I did play around PvP for a while in Wildstar though but that didn't hold o,O
damelon
GA Member

Postby damelon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:46 am

Archeage seems like the perfect place to establish a farming empire. How is the ASIC farm going? Good thing you decided against SCRYPT miners Shay.
Shayleighi
GA Member

Postby Shayleighi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:52 am

After much research it was kind of obvious that LTC and DOGE were just slightly better than BTC so it made sense to go with the Antminers. BTC price is trading sideways this summer so difficulty has only been creeping in at 5~7% with one 17% boost when the S3 Antminer came out. Miners with electrical bills simply can't turn a profit currently and have to either sell at a loss or bag hold in hopes of another bull run.

My own farm has been doing great because of this small difficulty rise. I take my coins, go invest in some altcoin or catch P&D and paid off everything in 40 - 45 days. I'm already in the green, just not sure where to sell BTC now though because it's so heavily manipulated but clearly it's being established in the public consciousness as VC money moves in and the coin draws big business / government attention.

Did you look at the SP-30? It needs to consume more power and can't do 6 Th/s as advertised originally. Good thing we didn't pre-order that thing! S3 has been out and for the same amount of money can do what it does except you can get the machines now.
Permafrost
GA Leader

Postby Permafrost » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Anyone who would like to play with us from FU is welcome to app and see how it goes. I don’t want to guarantee anything, because as much as I enjoy the hell out of you guys and ALWAYS appreciated when you let us guest, GA is a very different guild at heart. There’s really no room to be casual as we depend on pretty hardcore organization and commitment to compete with guilds much larger. And anyone who doesn’t PvP as a part of our chat trolling, zerg-busting, tight-knit crew of haters just about every night (save the weekends) probably isn’t a good fit for us.
The Martin Luther King Jr. of Guild Wars.
"I've got no females in my family. But I got some cute uncles and shit." - Dave, 3/29/2011
"Mythian, let's make sex pottery together." - Garibold, 9/5/2014

Return to “General Discussion”